Sunday, August 06, 2006

:: The Mistress of Spices ::

Have you ever heard the novel "The Mistress of Spices" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni? I just read the movie will be coming out soon. I think the cinemas in Malaysia will screen it on 17 August 2006.

Whoa I was still on the way finishing the novel when I read about this news on the paper! Now these past few days I've been rushing to finish it before the movie showed up in the cinemas hehe! I hate it when they screen movies I haven't finished reading the book yet. Coz once I've watched the whole thing, there's no mood to continue the novel anymore coz what's the point? I already knew the ending!

Hmm, back to the topic, the one who's going to play the main role as Tilo the Mistress is the stunningly beautiful Indian actress, Aishwarya Rai. Did i typed her name right? Hehehe. Yeah, the pic I put above there is her. Pretty eh? I loved that pic as Tilo standing behind her Spice Bazaar storewindow.

I think it was quite a good novel. It revolves around the condition of the Indian society living in America and mostly highlighted about the value of their own culture. It has a pretty exotic feel that I really love.

Well, I can imagine the film to come out in a very drama mood. I don't usually watch drama movies honestly but I'm really not gonna miss this one for sure heheh!



"Lonely American, how shall I begin, I who always have prided myself on the quick remedy? I roam the shelves. Kalo jire? Ajwain? Powder of mango-gingerroot?Choon, the burning white lime that is wrapped in betel leaves? Nothing seems suitable. Nothing feels right. Perhaps the fault is in me, in my distracted soul. I Tilo who cannot stop thinking about those eyes dark as tropical night, as deep, as filled with peril... and why do I persist in calling him lonely?"

0 comments: