Sunday, July 26, 2009

lost & found


Ever since I've moved to a bigger room in 20th floor, I really couldn't be happier than to be home.

This makes me wonder why sometimes but being a nonchalant ignorant being I was born as, I couldn't care less about it.


Yes, the reason could be because there's more space to breathe in this room.


But today, the main reason is revealed to me by a decent, common incident


a broken lamp.


this standing lamp which is located just beside my desk, emits a soft yellowish light which blankets the room in a relaxing tangerine, just like the kind of mood you get when you see candlelight inside an aromatherapy burner.


for the past 3 months, it didn't crossed my mind that

actually
this serene light has becoming some sort of a therapy for me

it plays a very important role in my well-being

(not to mention it is also the appliance to blame for causing me glued to my chair the whole darned night while spending the night away on the net)

and today when i got home in the evening and found out it's broken,


it's kinda hard for me to accept the fact that i must spend the evening without my daily therapy.


i still frantically tried switching it on and off a dozen times, and plug it into different electric sockets but none of it worked.

finally when i started to feel that all hope is lost,

i picked my sis' old, dusty table lamp, put it on the table, and plugged it.

we used this table lamp in the previous room before.

and it lights the table well. so i had high hopes.


i was hoping to find the same comfort from this light. i hope this small, decent table lamp could be the surrogate for the therapy light.

well, when i turned the switch on,
the light was strong, bright and holy white.

but it dimmed my hope. it was nothing close to the therapeutic light i need so badly.


but however, i tried to cope with it anyway. but to be honest, i've lost almost half of my nocturnal mood to start with.


the truth is, i almost cancelled this posting due to lack of mood.


i'm sorry, table lamp. it's not your fault. you're doing it great.

it's just my sentimental inner child sulking when his safety blanket went missing.

well, here i am typing a posting almost half-heartedly and feeling that my midnight soul slowly slipping away.

whether the apocalypse's coming tomorrow, i have to get the lamp fixed by tomorrow.


looking from a brighter sentimental side is,

this incident actualy reminds me of a sweet memory from 6 years ago

which has brought me and my current boyfriend to the way we are now.

and i couldn't help but smiling when i remembered it.


well i guess there's indeed a revelation behind this seemingly common incident

in life, i imagined there is this small counter in the corner

the lost & found.

a small counter with countless shelves, with lots of things on them

maybe a passion, a watch, a brother, a confession unsaid, a letter from a friend, a baggage, or even a piece of heart.

things that you've lost, while out there you frantically searching for it,

and things that you found, a souvenir from the past reclaimed.

if right now there are things that you've lost,

you might as well have found something else you've never imagined.


-------------------- [01.31AM] yes. please do come tomorrow and fix my lamp again, like what you did 6 years ago :)

0 comments: