Thursday, July 02, 2009

Day 01

Okay. I am trying fulfill my own promise to write everyday.

Indeed there are millions of reasons to make me postpone writing. Postpone will then lead to mood loss and therefore lead to cancellation. And I have to get myself out of that doomed cycle before it's too late.

Well at least today i managed to sit still here and force myself to write.

You know what? Actually this isn't a simple matter to me. 20 minutes ago when I was walking back home alone from the MRT station, I remembered that I need to start writing. Now or Never. I was so frickin dead on serious on starting to write up to the point that I have been starting to think about what should I write when I passed the security guard at the apartment's gate.

I was like,

oh my God oh my God, it's getting nearer and nearer to the lift! What should I write?

As if I didn't start to write, death will come swiftly to me. Wait. Was it a line from Imhotep's sarcophagus? Am I gonna get cursed?

Yeah, so in the middle of panic attack, many thoughts crossed my mind on what to write.

Oh! Should I try automatic writing, like they taught us back then during early foundation days in college?
I remember it was fun tho I remembered vividly that the content of my automatic writing was so surrealistically emo. Yeah, I was WUI (Writing Under Influence) indeed.
Or should I just take shortcut and write something in point form or numbered stuff? Like, "10 Things I would Love To Do, but I Haven't Moved My Ass Ever Since." Or, "Daily Schedule of My Ideal Day." Or stuff like that, you know.

Yeah, I know. That's cheating. You know a captain cannot cheat death!

Sorry, yeah there's a slight chance I am recently a Trekkie. Or, there's an even bigger fatter chance that I'm a 25-year old frickin fangirl.


Yea, SRSLY!!

Enought with the LOLcat grammar. Scotty, beam me back to reality.

Yea, stuffs like that crossed my mind while I was in the frickin lift! Just imagined how much pressure that me and my big mouth put on myself!

Then I finally reached home and decided to write anything that came up my mind.
Well, at least the writing went quite smoothly, although there were indeed moments in the beginning where I repeatedly paused, staring blankly at the screen, and deleting the entire paragraph, regretting it, and retardedly re-type them all again. Oh well, things I do for the sake of a goddamn posting!

Well, I guess this is good enough for the first day. My posting is quite cynical but that doesn't matter! By the end of this posting. I will tell myself, "Hey look! You finally managed to type something out of the blue! Look, a decent posting... if you'd like to call it so!"

Okay, fine. I'm glad at least it turned out rather well. My goal here is to exercise brain-to-finger coordination day by day. I will keep on writing until I got my good ol days back where when I wanted to write a story, I didn't have to burden my mind with anything at all. All I did was simply sat in front of the computer, open MS Word, and after I set the font to 12 Times New Roman double spacing, voila!--my fingers just run like mad on the keyboard and lo, I saw before my very eyes, words came together like a beautifully-sewn piece of quilt. A story told. And the magic is, I don't even know where the hell the story came from. Back then my brain and my fingers--they're really BFFs!! Now I'm trying to bring them back together for a kickass comeback. Sounds like a movie sequel, no?



[11.19] ahh. i couldn't believe i did it! yea, i'm a brave president! :p

0 comments: